I really like to know what the products are that people regret buying. Lots of people have said it, but I think you just end up getting really honest opinions from people when they tell you about things they don’t like. I started thinking about it, and I realized that I have quite a few little things around that I don’t use very often (if at all!) because I just don’t like them. I hope I don’t step on any toes.. 🙂
So there’s the collection… Quite sad, actually 😦
Alright, so in this first little group:
- Urban Decay primer potion: This is the sample size that came with the Naked palette. This just really doesn’t work for me 😦 the formulation seems too thin and I never saw a difference using it vs. not using it. Maybe I just got a bad tube, but I won’t be buying it…
- L’oreal Magic Smooth Souffle foundation: I really, really liked this at first. It feels really good on your skin; it kind of has that “silicone” feel, which I guess I like. But one day, I put it on near my window, and it was awful. It looked really patchy and cakey, and I just remember not believing that I had used up 2/3 of it without noticing. Moral of the story: always put makeup on in natural light…
- Revlon Photoready cream blush in “Pinched:” The only problem I have with this is the color. It’s not very pigmented, which is fine if you have lighter skin than I do, but it doesn’t do anything for me and therefore I shouldn’t have bought it.
- NYX eyeshadow base- Another primer that I tried. This one creases like crumpled up paper. 😦 Too bad.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin brightening eye perfector: I was pretty disappointed with this one because I love the Healthy Skin foundation so much. This burned around my eyes.. I know alot of people like it, so it was just a; weird skin reaction with me; but it also comes out of the tube funny. The water/liquid separates from the pigment, so it’s really hard to blend it all in evenly.
- NYX eye/eyebrow pencil “medium brown” (Not pictured): This one isn’t good to use because the pencil is so hard. It’s not creamy at all, and when I put it on, it just felt like I was rubbing my eyes with a stick. Not what you want from an eyeliner!
- Revlon “Just Bitten” stain in Passion: I got this years ago, but it dried up after using it about three times. Definitely not worth the money. Probably should have thrown this away by now. 🙂
- NYX mega shine gloss in “Nude Peach:” I really, really like the color of this, and I actually wore this on my birthday this year. The smell, though, reminds me of a medicine that I took when I was young and I can’t stand it! The smell goes away once you put it on, and I really like the color.. the smell is just so hard to get past for me.
- CoverGirl wetslicks “tangerine splash” lip gloss: This one separates, too, and the gloss separates from the color. When I can get it to mix, I think the color is really cool, but it’s really hard to work with.
Finally, hair producs! 🙂 (Shown above)
- Tresemme Dry Shampoo: I haven’t tried many dry shampoos, (The Batiste is my favorite, though) but this one didn’t seem to do anything for me.
- RUSK “thickr myst:” I think this works alright, I just can’t get past the smell. It’s supposed to be a texturizing/ thickening mist for fine hair, which I really need, It just smells really harsh and manly.