Three things I’m going to learn before September 30th.
I’m starting to realize this entire blog is comprised of posts composed of lists. However, I also chiefly operate under the “if you list it ya miss it” policy because making lists gives me so much comfort that I forget to actually do the things on them.
“We write things down so we can forget them.”
-Dr. Carmen Jiménez, UTC Spanish professor, on why we weren’t having a final exam and why we shouldn’t take notes because she wanted us to listen to her.
- How to do a headstand (sirsasana) pose! I want to make yoga a more personal, daily part of life. This is the guide I think I’ll be going off of. By September 30, I want to be able to do it against a wall, and maybe next month I’ll try it on my own. A yogi I will be. Yoga, running, horseback riding, bike riding, and all other forms of physical activity make me feel spiritually grounded and I think focusing time daily to learn something will be a good extra little prayer time. My understanding of all things strengthens through comparison and symbolism, so I think working through problems like yoga poses will help me work through problems in my prayer life.
- How to self host a website and use FTP programs to upload a layout for this blog. I bought a new layout, I’ve downloaded some programs, I took a coding class, and gosh darn it I’m paying for hosting so I better be making the most of it. I need to make some appointments and meet with some people that are smarter than me and figure it all out. This blog is about to be beautiful, everyone. Get excited.
- How to be consistent in the Word. I started a new study about Women in the Bible on She Reads Truth and I want to learn over the next fifteen days to commit myself to learning. I want to do a better job of loving God with my mind, and so I think studying is the way to go.
“Jesus replied: “Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,’ This is the first and greatest commandment.”
Matthew 22:37-38 NIV.
Other random things I’m also going to try to learn:
- How to make actual real normal actual coffee in our coffeemaker.
- How to study five weeks worth of my online history class for my test coming up.
- How to unplug my brain a little bit and stay off my phone. My battery dies by 5 pm and that’s insane.
- How to stop writing blog posts in list form.