Chocolate mousse is one of my favorite foods… ever. Instead of a birthday cake this year, my mom made me homemade mousse and the level of excitement was about a thousand and six out of a hundred. I had it for breakfast for [no joke] the next three days. I swiped her recipe to share with you [and also to keep for reference so I can make it again soon.] [Because… yum.]
This recipe is an adaptation of a Hershey’s one we found online.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa [regular or dark, we used Hershey’s]
- 2 cups cold whipping cream [it’s healthy I promise]
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl; let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin dissolves. Let cool.
- Stir in sugar and cocoa in a separate bowl. Add in whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer. Add in gelatin mixture, beat until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Eat all of it before anyone else knows you made any.
I think “incocicated” should be a real world @ Webster. Go inchocicate yourself asap.